One Stop Solution For Your Overseas Requirements.............

Contact Information

Study in UK

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or simply Britain, is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe. The country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands.

Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another state: the Republic of Ireland Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the North Sea in the east, the English Channel in the south and the Irish Sea in the west. The United Kingdom is a developed country and has the world's sixth-largest economy by nominal GDP and eighth-largest by purchasing power parity. It was the world's first industrialized and the foremost power during country, during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The UK remains a great power with considerable economic, cultural, military, scientific and political influence internationally

UK education is recognized and respected throughout the world. The education system in the UK is divided into four main parts, primary education, secondary education, further education and higher education. Children in the UK have to legally attend primary and secondary education which runs from about 5 years old until the student is 16 years old.

Most higher education begins at the age of 18 at colleges or universities. Most international students will enter directly into the UK higher education system, after completing their home country’s equivalent to the UK’s ‘further education’. It requires above the standard of GCE A-level. For pupil without A-level exam have to take additional 1-year program, especially international students undertake this course as training of university course in UK. Here credits will be awarded for them towards student’s degree.


An undergraduate degree normally takes three years to complete but can take longer if they include an industrial placement, an additional subject or a year abroad. They are also specialised from Year One.

Types of undergraduate degree include::
  • BSc (Bachelor of Science) - a science degree
  • BA (Bachelor of Arts) - an arts degree
  • BEng (Bachelor of Engineering) - an engineering degree
  • Undergraduate Degree with or without Honours (e.g B.Sc Hons) – three-years undergraduate degree including extra subjects studied at a deeper level, or of four-years duration with an year in the Industry, for practical training.

Students who receive good grades in their undergraduate degrees may choose to take a Masters degree, which takes a minimum of one year to complete.
Types of Masters degree include:

  • M Sc (Master of Science)
  • MA (Master of Arts)
  • M Ed (Master of Education)
  • LLM (Master of Law)
  • iMBA (Master of Business Administration)

In UK "O" level is equivalent to SSC (10th Std), "A" levels (2 years) is equivalent to HSC (12th Std), Bachelors is for 3 years, 4 Years are Sandwich program, Masters for 1 year and PHD for 3 years.


The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October few universities offer January / February intake also. Few universities also offer admission 3 to 4 times in a year.

  • 65% and above for humanities in XIIth
  • 70 - 80% and above for Science, Commerce, Eng. in Std. XII / Diploma
  • 2nd class could also be considered by some universities if there is some additional qualification / experience. (Foundations and Diploma programs are available for students who have secured below 60%)
  • Completed / will complete 18 years of age before joining a degree program
  • 60 % and above in bachelor’s degree. Few universities may even accept student at 55% and above in bachelor’s. GMAT scores ranging between 600 -700 by many universities for management programs if required.
  • Full time work experience of at least 2 - 4 years after 1st degree required by many universities for MBA. The same may vary from university to university.
English Language:
  • 1. IELTS score of 6.5 for Postgraduate and 6.0 for Undergraduate admission.
  • 2. TOEFL: Minimum score of 90 (Internet Based Test) for Postgraduate and 80(Internet Based Test) for Undergraduate admission
  • 3. PTE score of 60

Note: Exemption is possible if student has scored above 70% in English language in the X and XII std. (English Medium) & if medium of instruction has been English throughout school & college.

Scholarship Opportunities

Students with strong academics, good performance on standardized exams & extra-curricular achievements could be eligible for scholarship awards. There is lot of universities offering scholarships/bursaries to potential students for both UG as well as PG courses.

VISA Requirements

To apply for a student visa you must submit your visa application at the nearest British High Commission or Embassy. Application with all the required documents and visa fee will be accepted and put up for decision to an Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) from the nearest visa issuing centre of the British High Commission or Embassy.
Documents Required for UK Student Visa

The following documents are required for the student visa of UK:
  • Visa Application forms (VAF1 - Non-settlement) - fully completed and signed by applicant
  • Appropriate Visa fee of for multiple entries.
  • Passport valid for at least 6 months, with available 'visa' pages for stamping (additional pages are not acceptable).
  • If available, the student's old passport.
  • Reference letter & copy of signed Declaration Form – from agent/recruitment organization.
  • Receipt for any deposit or prepayment of tuition fees paid to the University – if applicable.
  • Evidence of current studies, or current employment. If neither, evidence of current status.
  • Valid original acceptance letter from school/college in the UK stating:
    i. Cost of course fees and receipt for any fees paid
    ii. Details of accommodation and how much it costs
    iii. The start date and duration of the proposed course
  • All educational certificates after/from schooling till date
  • Evidence of English Language qualifications..
  • Sponsors are normally parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters or relatives. From sponsors, a letter of sponsorship, photocopies of their passports showing their immigration status (if sponsor is outside student's country of origin), evidence of their financial status and available accommodation in the UK (if sponsoring for accommodation).

If you are going to the UK as a student for six months or less, you must ask the Entry Clearance Officer for permission to work.

If your visa is refused and you have paid a deposit to your institution for tuition fees then you will receive a refund of the deposit when you send the institution a copy of your visa refusal letter from the High Commission. A few institutions deduct a small amount usually no more than £ 100 for processing the refund payment.

Partnered Universites