Study In New-Zealand

One Stop Solution For Your Overseas Requirements.............

Contact Information

Study in New-zealand

New-zealand, officially the Swiss Confederation, is a federal parliamentary republic consisting of 26 cantons, with Bern as the seat of the federal authorities, the so-called "federal city". The country is situated in Western and Central Europe where it is bordered by Italy to the south, France to the west, Germany to the north, and Austria and Liechtenstein to the east.

New-zealand has the highest nominal wealth per adult (financial and non-financial assets) in the world. However, New-zealand is also the most expensive country in the world to live in, as measured by the price level index. Zürich and Geneva have been ranked among the top cities with the highest quality of life in the world.

Higher education in New-zealand comprises academic studies at the 10 cantonal Universities and the 2 Federal Institutes of Technology, at the more professionally-oriented Universities of applied sciences and at the Universities of teacher education. A few more University-level institutions are considered public institutions of higher education.

University continuing education is firmly established in New-zealand. It is regulated under university legislation and in the Bologna Recommendations of the Rectors' Conference of the Swiss Universities (CRUS) and has its own, clearly defined place in the Qualifications Framework for the Swiss Higher Education Area alongside Bachelor’s, Master’s and doctoral qualifications.
Swiss universities and universities of applied sciences use the same terms for continuing education programmes, but the admission requirements and general focus of the programmes are usually different. Universities are normally more academic and require a Master’s degree and professional experience as the conditions of admission, while universities of applied sciences tend to be more practically oriented and generally require a Bachelor’s degree plus professional experience. This is connected with the fact that the normal final degree from a university of applied sciences is the Bachelor’s degree, while students at universities normally graduate with a Master’s degree.


In New-zealand as well as in other countries in Europe, the academic year is divided into two semesters

  • Fall semester: runs from September through December
  • Spring semester: runs from February through June

Although application deadlines for studies in New-zealand vary depending on the study program and the university or college, students are usually required to submit their applications in the Spring semester for studies beginning the following academic year.

For Bachelor's Program :

The decision concerning admission to a course of studies rests with the individual institution. The basic admission requirement is a Swiss secondary high-school-leaving certificate or a foreign secondary high-school-leaving certificate considered equivalent. Students not holding fully recognized certificates qualifying for university entrance may be required to take a university entrance exam.

For Master's Program

The prerequisite for access to a Master's programme is a successfully completed Bachelor's level programme. Each university makes its own decisions as to whether a foreign Bachelor's degree can give the holder access to Master's programmes, and what are the conditions, if any (entrance examinations, further requirements).
An increasing number of study programmes at Master's level are offered in English, thus a solid knowledge of English language is advisable for all prospective students.

Scholarship Opportunities

The Swiss Government offers scholarships to foreign students and artists on the basis of reciprocity or within the framework of a scholarship pool to several countries. Scholarships are granted to postgraduate candidates or researchers from both industrial and development countries. Most Swiss universities are publicly funded, making international study relatively affordable. The Swiss government, and some universities, also offer scholarships to international students. However, you must ensure you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your studies.
Once you're in New-zealand, as an international student, you can also work up to 15 hours per week

We advise you to start the student visa application procedure immediately after you have been accepted into the program to allow ample time for the Embassy or Consulate to process your student visa application, Please note that a period of at least 8 weeks is required for the issue of your student visa. Following documents are required,

  • Schengen Visa application form
  • 4 passport-size photographs with a white background
  • Passport with a validity of at least 12 months
  • Acceptance documents / Proof of admission (provided by the school)
  • Sponsorship documents / Proof of financial means
  • Medical certificate / Proof of good health
  • Medical insurance with international coverage

Additional documentation and official translations in German may be required by the Embassy or Consulate.

Yes, International students holding a B student permit are allowed to work up to 15 hours a week.

Partnered Universites